Marvin was enjoying his spaghetti the other day and he
was wondering about who had invented these yummy noodles. At first he
thought that they had come from Italy, but when he went to the library he
found out that the Italian people did not really invent this yummy food.
They are very famous for the way that they can cook spaghetti, but they were
not the first people to ever make it.
A long time ago, (over 700 years in fact) there were some
very fierce tribes that attacked Italy. The cook from one of these tribes
was a woman. She fell in love with an Italian man, and one of the gifts that
she gave him to show her true love was the secret of how to make noodles.
Since then it has been the Italians that have made this food so famous all
around the world.
Do you know any interesting stories about were different
food cam from? Write to Marvin and tell him. You can send your letters to:
Marg and Marvin
142 Im-boon Housing Estate
Soi 1, Muangsamut Road, Tambon Changmoi
Muang District, Chiang Mai 50300
Fax: 053 234 145
1. Why do flamingoes stand on one leg?
2. Why do polar bears have fur coats?
3. What do you call a gorilla with a banana in each ear?
4. Why can’t you play cards in the jungle?
1. If they stood on no legs they would fall down.
2. Because they would look silly in jackets.
3. You can’t call him anything because he can’t hear
4. There are too many cheetahs.
Bye from Marg and Marvin